Monday 15 January 2018

2018 Goals

Happy New Year!

I try not to make resolutions. I know that I'm not going to keep to them, I'm not that type of person. But goals work for me, they're a thing I can visualise and something I can say "yes, I definitely did this thing!" and that is very motivating.

2018 is a big year for me. This is the year that I will graduate for the final time, and the year that, because of that, I'll become a real adult (hopefully). So I feel like this year, I need to either get my shit together, or have some great adventures and get my shit together next year instead. So here are my goals and some of what I'll do to achieve them.

1. I want to donate to charity. I've done a lot of thinking on this and the charity that best aligns with some other plans this year is the Little Princess Trust. They create wigs for children using human hair. As someone who's hair is sort of a comfort blanket, the idea of little girls losing theirs is upsetting to me. So this year, I'm going to get a split end trim, then spend a few months pampering my hair and growing it, before finally cutting it off and donating it. I'm also going to fund raise while I do this, so hopefully I'll be able to donate a decent amount of money by the time I'm done.

2. I want to have a big makeover. This is partially why my chosen charity was the Little Princess Trust. I've had long hair my whole life, this year I want to cut a sizable chunk of it off and knowing that I'm going to be helping someone by doing that is a great incentive to make sure I won't fanny out.

3. I want to get my first internship. This is something I'm going to write about in a future post (it's drafted and scheduled, stay tuned!) so I'm not going to go into detail here.

4. I want to have adventures. This year I'm going camping for the first time, and staying in a lodge in the Lake District. Me and my partner have planned a "penny adventure" to have this summer. We're visiting places with penny press machines, and collecting pennies. I'm so excited. We're also hoping to visit Hay-on-Wye, the book town situated on the border of England and Wales, which has been my dream destination for so long. Hopefully we'll have more adventures between too.

5. I want to redecorate my bedroom. I've never done this myself before, my mam has always done it for me. So this year I want to plan everything myself, have her show me how to wallpaper, and build my new furniture all by myself.

So those are this years goals. I can't wait to see how they go. I've never felt so optimistic about a new year before and I'm hopeful that it's a sign of good things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment