Friday 2 February 2018

Reading for Improvement? 2018 Reading List

One of my minor goals this year is to "read better." The last few days I've been wondering what exactly that means. Whether I'll be reading world renowned classics, maybe self help books, maybe I'll read all of the Booker Prize winners? These, admittedly, were genuine things that crossed my mind, and as someone who still, aged 23, reads a LOT of YA fiction I was intimidated.

But after pondering, I realised that I don't have to read those books, and chances are if I tried I'd be utterly miserable doing it. I'm not the type of person who wants to read those for fun, though I wish I was because you who can are absolute fierce babes.

Instead, I'm going to read books that make me think, and that motivate me to do better. Here are some of the books that I've picked for this year, I might not complete them all, but I'm certainly going to try.

1. #Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso 
2. Female Chauvinist Pigs: Woman and the Rise of Raunch Culture by Ariel Levy
3. The Geek Feminist Revolution by Kameron Hurley
4. I Call Myself a Feminist by Victoria Pepe
5. Unspeakable Things: Sex, Lies and Revolution by Laurie Penny
6. Men Explain Things to Me: And Other Essays by Rebecca Solnit

No comments:

Post a Comment